Friday, August 3, 2018

1 week Update-There will be pics!!

It's been a long 7 days. I am going crazy sitting on my couch, one can only watch so much Netlix. It's been great to catch up on shows but I am dying to just go for a walk. I will be excited when I can just take a normal step forward. I saw the doc yesterday and heres how it went. He cut the bandages off to see how the healing was going. They did ask me if I was going to be ok seeing the bruising and the incision..and  me being a science buff I told them "Yeah, this is what I've been waiting for!" I wanted a pic because I figured if I show my family I would get better service around the house! He took the bandages off and was very happy with the way I was healing. I was on my feet more than they told me I could be so I was worried that it would be bad. It was bruised and a bit swollen. The incision looked pretty good though. The main problem I am feeling is the swelling (lack of circulation) in the forefoot and toes. My feet look like they did when I was 9 months pregnant. If this symptom weren't there this situation wouldn't be that bad. I am still icing, it gives great relief. Prior to surgery I was icing about 5-6 times per day and doing contrast baths 2 times per day. It's basically a waiting game at this point. I am scheduled to get my stitches out next Thursday August 9th. Here are  the pics from yesterday:



5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I saw your link on Dr. Blake's healing sole. Are you comfortable sharing an email address? I can send you my experience. Great pics, been there.
    Thanks, Mark in Madison, WI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark. Hopefully you received my email address. How long ago did you have the surgery? Hows your recovery? This is day 10 and I'm in a decent amount of pain, just hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel.

      Delete
  2. Probably getting this surgery in a month. Will keep reading your blog for updates. Barely any info is on the internet about this! Thank you. I hope you are doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie. Would love an update if you have one. Any thoughts of having the rest of the sesamoid removed?

    ReplyDelete