Saturday, July 28, 2018

July 27th...Day of Surgery. Pics included.

My surgery time was 9:30 but they were ahead of schedule so after some general anesthesia I was under the knife. I asked my doctor if some pictures could be taken during my surgery, I love that kind of stuff! Well, he delivered on that. He also took a pic of the bone he took out that cracked in half again while he removed it. He informed me that everything went as planned and that the other piece of the sesamoid look healthy. The incision is made on the inside of the foot near ball of your foot. It's tricky right there because of the nerve that runs along there. The pics are below. If you are at all queasy you may not want to look...
Getting opened up

Actual removal of the broken lower half which then broken into 2 pieces..see below

No comments:

Post a Comment