Saturday, July 28, 2018

The Doctor's Appointment-May 10th, 2018

May 10th, 2018 was my first doctors appointment with my podiatrist. I was expecting him to look at my feet and just tell me it was a bad sprain. When he saw where the swelling was he said he needed to take an X-ray because it could be my one of my sesamoid bones (first time i had ever hear of those bones). Taking the X-ray was a bit painful because of the way I had to hold my foot. As I waited for results all I could think about was how I was going to run the half marathon that was the following weekend. When he came back in his first words were "Well, you're not going to be running for a while!" He told me I had fractured my medial sesamoid bone right in half. Obviously I had a million questions for him at this point. As he answered my questions all I could feel was this sick feeling  in my gut and that this was going to be a long process. Here are the X-rays...
Bipartite sesamoid was ruled out due to the fact that this was an acute injury and the left foot has no bipartite indication.
Next step was to put me in a walking boot...aweful! My next appointment would be in 4 weeks... 




No comments:

Post a Comment