Saturday, July 28, 2018

The Initial Injury

I wanted to create this blog about my fractured sesamoid bone because as I researched I wasn't finding a ton of info. The info I did find was a bit depressing and bleak. Im not sure how my situation is going to pan out but I figured the more info and stories out there maybe the better.
I am a high school PE/Weightlifting teacher in San Jose, CA. I broke my medial sesamoid bone while I was teaching my students a game on the tennis courts. I had NO prior pain in the ball of my foot. As I was demonstrating this game I stepped back and pushed off and felt immediate pain that stopped me dead in my tracks. After I caught my breathe I decided to keep playing as I figured it was a bad sprain. Immediately after the game I got some ice. I had to walk around with flip flops on for the next week because the swelling wouldn't allow for shoes. Since the pain wasn't getting any better I decided to make an appointment with my doctor. His a pic of both feet..it's pretty clear that the right is swollen at the ball of my foot where your sesamoids are located...

1 comment: